SINGAPORE, Feb 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Revamped and revitalised from BioPharma Asia, which ran successfully for 10 years, Phar East is Asia’s Pharma & Biotech Festival. Expecting over 800 attendees, the conference will bring together Asia innovators to share their successes and identify new opportunities.
As the largest pan-Asia B2B pharma& biotech conference in Asia, the conference will bring expert discussions on the latest trends and developments in this exciting industry, focusing on 9 conference tracks to discuss trends beyond the type of therapeutic products.
Some of the 2018 highlights include:
- Pharma Partnering & Licensing: Brand new for 2018 Looking for local partners and distributors in South East Asia, South Asia and North East Asia? This is the perfect track for you, bringing you important local pharma companies from key Asian countries to discuss licensing opportunities for bringing bio- & pharma products into their respective countries.
- Immunotherapy: Brand new for 2018, This track features Asia’s progress in immunotherapy. Learn more about various discovery, development and production challenges in Asia, and explore how you can be part of this cutting-edge industry with knowledge exchange between the east and west.
- Market Access: This one-day track features formulas and pathways for reimbursement.
- Pharma 4.0: Brand new for 2018 This track explores the most exciting and innovative disruptive technology drug discovery, development & production.
- Vaccines: This track features Asia’s vaccines in discovery, development and production, exploring the most-advanced technologies in each category.
- Biosimilars: Brand new for 2018, This track features Asian biosimilars in discovery, development and production, and the technologies that are enabling them.
- Cell & therapy: Get the latest updates on regenerative medicine, stem cell and gene therapy development in Asia.
- Biotech innovation: This track features biopharma biotech start-ups from across the region.
Held from 1 – 2 March in Suntec Convention Centre, Singapore, the opening keynote panel will discuss on the topic of "The Macro View: What will it take for Asia’s biotech industry to really flourish?"
Everyone knows it is too generic to classify all Asian countries in a single category. With the exception of China and India, the remaining part of Asia is complicated, fragmented and diversified. With growing GDPs and middle-class populations, the potential of Asia’s biotech industry is undeniable in the eye of global leaders. The main question is, how can government and related stakeholders assist the biotech industry to flourish to provide more affordable, personalised medicine for its populations? How do countries move away from a "me-too" to "me-first" mentality, especially when it comes to pharma R&D?
- Alfred Scheidegger, Founder and Partner, Nextech Invest, Switzerland
- Joe Zhou, CEO, Genor Biopharma, China
- Uday Saxena, President & CEO, Reddy US Therapeutics, Former CSO, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, India
- Jerome Cabannes, COO, AJ Biologics, Malaysia
- Mike Zhang, CEO, Liaoning Chengda Biotechnology, China
- Antonio Lee, CEO & Managing Director, Medipost America, Global Head, Business Development, Medipost, South Korea
130 other pharma leaders are confirmed to speak at Phar-East 2018 across 9 tracks – view more details at: http://www.terrapinn.com/exhibition/phar-east/speakers.stm
In addition to the main conference, a pre-conference day will be held on 28th February featuring the following workshops:
- Biotech Bootcamp Workshop — Sponsored by JTC
- Workshop on Claim Drafting — Making your PCT claims fit for a fast grant at the EPO — Sponsored by European Patent Office (EPO)
- Workshop on the topic of: "Harness the power of data for smarter drug development" — Sponsored by Medidata
- Regulatory Affairs Workshop — Jack Wong, Head of Regulatory Affairs, Baxter, Singapore in collaboration with ARPA
Find out more at: http://www.terrapinn.com/exhibition/phar-east/index.stm
About Phar-East 2018
Conference: 1 – 2 March 2018
Pre-conference day: 28th February 2018
Conference opening hours: 08:45 am
Venue: Level 3, Summit 2 (entrance from Summit 1), Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre
Terrapinn is a business media company. Its products are trade exhibitions, conferences, training solutions and electronic and print publications. For more information, please visit www.terrapinn.com.
Note: Press registration for the conference is compulsory and advance scheduling for speaker/ sponsor interviews is recommended. Final issuance of press passes is subjected to Terrapinn’s discretion. For your press pass, please contact the following: