Day long event at InvestHK’s StartmeupHK Festival brings healthtech entrepreneurs, investors, corporate, medical and health communities together on February 1, 2018
HONG KONG, Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Healthtech O2O Summit will be held on February 1, 2018. Nearly 1,000 delegates will come to the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre for a conference featuring advances in health technology and how major medical players are adopting these technologies.
"Hong Kong has the ideal mix of health, technology and medical entrepreneurs and investors to attract world players," says NexChange CEO, Juwan Lee. "Keynote speakers, in depth panels and pitching entrepreneurs make this event a must-attend on the global healthtech calendar."
Technology is brought to bear on healthcare management through exciting blockchain applications that will dramatically improve privacy and accuracy. The insurance industry is actively investing in healthtech to improve health outcomes, combining it with other insurtech advances like AI, big data and more.
Medical advances are happening in Hong Kong and world leading scientists, like McGill University’s Dr. Moshe Szyf, James McGill Professor and GlaxoSmithKline-CIHR Chair in Pharmacology. He will keynote and speak about the work happening with his Hong Kong firm HKG epitherapeutics.
"The Personalisation of Medicine" and "Facing Ageing with Technology" are major focuses at the event. Hong Kong is the longest lived territory in the world and an ideal place for medical research and market testing. From personalised gene therapies to combating cancer to lifestyle drivers to promote healthier populations with AI and mobile technology, Healthtech O2O is delivering cutting edge speakers and companies.
"Healthtech O2O is poised to become the centre of Asia’s healthtech ecosystem, starting in Hong Kong and spreading across the region," says Mr Lee. "We are honoured and excited to be invited to participate by InvestHK, our partners in this venture."
PR Newswire is a supporting organization of Healthtech O2O Summit.
- Dato’ Chevy Beh, CEO, BookDoc
- Michael Bruck – Partner, SPARQ Capital
- Al Chalabi – Director, CASP-R; and Author, "Juvenescence: Investing in the Age of Longevity"
- Dr. Allen Chan, Co-founder, Cirina (Grail)
- Scarlett Chen, Director of Strategic Investments, Prudential
- Bonnie Cheung, Venture Partner, 500 Startups
- Dr. Ngai-tseung Cheung, Chief Medical Informatics Officer, Hong Kong Hospital Authority
- Dr. Ken Chu, Programs Director, Biorna Quantics
- Dr. Tak-yi Chui, Undersecretary for Food and Health, the Government of Hong Kong S.A.R.
- Peter Ohnemus, CEO, dacadoo
- Ildar Fazulyanov, Founder & CEO, WELL Network
- Christopher Fisher, Managing Partner, Click Ventures
- Darryl G. Glover, Principal and Chief Clinical Officer, iSolve
- Dr. Justin Gregory, Founder & CEO, Biorna Quantics
- Dr. Hanif Kanji, CEO, Sinophi Healthcare
- Xin Yun Khor, CEO, LeadinHealth
- Michelle Y Lai, Investor and Healthtech Consultant
- Juwan Lee, Founder & CEO, NexChange
- Samson Lee, Co-founder, Hong Kong Blockchain Centre
- Dr. Hung-wing Li, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Richard Ljuhar, Founder & CEO, ImageBiopsy Lab
- Karin Munasinghe, Senior VP, APAC Marketing, Fresenius Medical Care
- Dr. Youjin Na, CEO, Proteina
- Vijay Reddy, Founder, Nubis Health
- Rob Royea, CEO, Cyrcadia Asia Ltd.
- Dr. Moshe Szyf, CEO, HKG Epitherapeutics Limited
- Dr. Wei-tek Tsai, Co-founder, Hong Kong Blockchain Centre
- Raymond Wong, Head of Investment, HKSTP
- Seung-hee Yang, Chief Communications Officer, Proteina
- Henry Yau, Managing Director, The University of Hong Kong Clinical Trials Centre (HKU-CTC)
- Richard Ordman, Vice President of Global Marketing, Medix Group
NexChange provides an innovation ecosystem as a service, specializing in fintech, insurtech, blockchain, AI and healthtech. Through our global O2O community, we create, market and invest in innovative products independently or in collaboration with partners.
The Company has grown rapidly with presence in Hong Kong, New York City and London and has over ninety partnerships of which 30 are in media content. The Company has also built one of the most recognized Fintech brands under Fintech O2O event series and is one of the main organisers of Hong Kong Fintech Week 2017 and organises the Healthtech O2O Summit.
For more information:
Head Content Strategist, Asia Pacific
Tel: +852 3166-3924