HONG KONG, Sept. 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Research, quality and new technologies are key elements in the development of a cosmetic product. For this reason, Cosmoprof Asia 2019, the leading beauty trade event in Asia, celebrates the most innovative products set to impact the evolution of local markets and consumers’ beauty routine with the Cosmopack Asia Awards and Cosmoprof Asia Awards.
Cosmopack Asia Awards will honour brands with the best packaging, design, formulation and technology at Cosmopack Asia, to be held from 12 to 14 November at AsiaWorld-Expo (AWE). Meanwhile, Cosmoprof Asia Awards will recognise brands with the best marketing and communication strategies at Cosmoprof Asia, to be held from 13 to 15 November at Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center (HKCEC).
These prestigious awards are curated in partnership with BEAUTYSTREAMS, the global beauty industry reference which provides color forecasts, product innovation concepts, consumer insights, brand strategy, short and long- range trends and industry news.
The jury of the awards consists of industrial experts, opinion leaders and influencers. There will be a special area at HKCEC, Hall 1E Concourse, to showcase the 40 finalists. For the first time ever, visitors will be invited to test out the products and vote for the winner of the Visitors’ Choice category. This special set-up provides further opportunity for participating companies to increase their visibility and promote their products to buyers, retailers, journalists as well as international influencers.
COSMOPACK ASIA AWARDS
Cosmopack Asia Awards focuses on packaging design, formulation, and new technologies emerging in the beauty industry. It consists of six categories:
- Makeup Formula – Includes formulation for face, eyes, lips, nails products
- Makeup Packaging – Includes packaging for face, eyes, lips, nails products
- Skincare Formula – Includes formulation for skincare, hair, toiletries, personal care products
- Skincare Packaging – Includes packaging for skincare, hair, toiletries, personal care products
- Sustainable – Green solutions for packaging and formula
- Visitors’ Choice (selected among all finalists)
An international jury will be looking into entries with easy formulation, cost effectiveness, functionality in application, new design solutions, compatibility and sustainability. The jury includes:
- Alexandra Lan, Director, Shanghai Pechoin Group Company Ltd (Mainland China)
- Angelika Meiss, Senior Editor, COSSMA Magazine (Germany)
- ByungGeun Louise Chae, Research Fellow (VP) of R&D Unit, AmorePacific (Korea)
- Cathy Chen, International Axe Director, L’Oreal Paris (Mainland China)
- Dimitri Caudrelier, Managing Director, Quantis International (Switzerland)
- Elie Papiernik, Founder & CEO, Centdegrés (France)
- Lan Vu, Founder & CEO, BEAUTYSTREAMS (USA)
- Laurie Du, Senior Beauty Analyst (Asia Pacific), Mintel APAC (UK)
- Sinthia Shiu, Country Manager at Greater China, LVMH (Hong Kong, Mainland China)
- Stephanie Bertand, Senior Manager Trends & Prospective Innovation – Skincare, Bodycare, Coty (France)
- Vincent Gallon, Founder & Managing Editor, Premium Beauty Media (France)
- Wei Young Brian, Founder & CEO, Wei Beauty (USA)
Mario De Luigi, founder and art director of B. Kolormakeup & Skincare S.p.a. commented about Cosmopack Asia Awards: "Cosmopack Asia Awards is a not-to-be-missed event. We have been participating in it for years. Apart from being honoured by the recognition we received every year, it is also an opportunity for us to express our innovation and creativity – both of which are specific elements of our DNA."
COSMOPROF ASIA AWARDS
Cosmoprof Asia Awards, on the other hand, celebrates the most innovative products in skincare, hair, nails, makeup and beauty salon. It consists of six categories:
- Hair Product – Includes hair care, hair color, hair styling products
- Makeup Product – Includes face, eyes, lips products
- Hand & Nail Product – Includes nail care, nail color and nail art products
- Natural & Organic – For all product categories
- Skincare Product – Professional and retail products for face and body, sun care, personal
- care, toiletries
- Visitors’ Choice (selected among all finalists)
A jury of experts will judge the brands based on the effectiveness of their communication and marketing strategies. The most innovative products influencing consumer beauty routines will obtain higher marks. The industry experts sitting in the jury includes:
- Bokyoung Sun, Senior Vice President, CJ Oliveyoung (Korea)
- Glenn Silburn, Publisher & Commercial Manager, Professional Beauty (Australia)
- Jeanne Doré, Chief Editor, NEZ Magazine (France)
- Jessica Michault, Senior Vice President of Industry Relations, Launchmetrics (UK)
- Jimin Lee, Founder, Translatio (Mainland China)
- Kim Leitzes, Co-founder & CEO, Parklu (Mainland China)
- Louis Houdart, Founder / Managing Partner, Creative Capital (Mainland China)
- Michael Nolte, Creative Director, BEAUTYSTREAMS (USA)
- Oonagh Phillips, Editor-in-Chief, BW Confidential (France)
- Sally Tse, Managing Editor, Cosmopolitan Magazine (Hong Kong, Mainland China)
- Yi Qian, Deputy General Manager, Tmall Global (Mainland China)
"It was very exceptional that LUMINI was selected as the winner of the skincare category at the last Cosmoprof Asia Awards. This highlights the importance of skin data in the beauty industry. We expect to have more IT-related beauty services this year and lululab can’t wait to release more advanced personalised services based on AI and big data," said CEO of Lululab Inc Yongjoon-Choe.
Winners for the Cosmoprof Asia Awards and the Cosmopack Asia Awards will receive a special trophy, exclusively designed by international design agency Centdegrés. The design of the trophy is inspired by ‘innovation’, which forms the basis of the awards. The trophy represents ‘radiance’, which enlightens research and inspires new ideas and projects.
Both awards are open for entry to all exhibitors. The last date of submission is 20 September 2019. For further details, please visit www.cosmoprofawards-asia.com.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Download the high-resolution images at the following link: http://bit.ly/2HrncUB
For media enquiry, please contact:
ASIA: Informa Markets, Hong Kong
WORLDWIDE: BolognaFiere Cosmoprof Spa
t: +852 2516 1659
t: +852 2516 2117
t: +39 02 45 47 08 320
t: +39 02 45 47 08 253
ABOUT THE ORGANISERS:
Cosmoprof Asia is organised by Cosmoprof Asia Ltd, a joint-venture company between BolognaFiere Group and UBM Asia Ltd. UBM Asia Ltd is now trading as "Informa Markets", a division of Informa PLC.
ABOUT BOLOGNAFIERE GROUP (www.bolognafiere.it)
BolognaFiere Group is the world’s leading trade show organiser in cosmetics, fashion, architecture, building, art and culture. The Group has more than 80 international exhibitions within its portfolio, notably Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna, the most important meeting point in the world for beauty professionals, established in 1967 and held in Bologna, Italy. For the 2019 edition, Cosmoprof registered more than 265.000 attendees from 150 countries in the world, with an increase by 10% of foreign professionals, and 3,033 exhibitors from 70 countries. The Cosmoprof platform extends throughout the entire world, with its events in Bologna, Las Vegas, Mumbai, and Hong Kong, China (with Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna, Cosmoprof North America, Cosmoprof India, and Cosmoprof Asia). It participates as international sales agent in events dedicated to the beauty world in Colombia (Belleza y Salud in Bogotá) and South East Asia (AseanBeauty in Thailand, PhilBeauty in the Philippines, VietBeauty in Vietnam, and BeautyExpo in Malaysia). The Cosmoprof platform will reinforce its influence in Europe, thanks to the acquisition of the German group Health and Beauty, in South America, thanks to the collaboration with Beauty Fair – Feira Internacional De Beleza Profissional, and in Asia.
ABOUT INFORMA MARKETS (www.informamarkets.com)
Informa Markets on Beauty segment has an extensive networks powered by B2B events across 10 cities in Asia (Bangkok, Chengdu, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Mumbai, Shanghai, Tokyo), the world’s fastest growing B2B events markets. Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organiser, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
Photo – https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20190906/2572265-1-a?lang=0
Photo – https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20190906/2572265-1-b?lang=0
Photo – https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20190906/2572265-1-c?lang=0
Photo – https://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20190906/2572265-1-d?lang=0
Related Links :